Kauffman-Hallahan-Pullen Distinguished Researcher Award
In recognition of the critical importance of research in special education conducted and disseminated by individuals or research teams whose impactful work has resulted in more effective services or education for exceptional individuals.
In recognition of the critical importance of research in special education that has a meaningful impact on the field, the CEC-DR seeks nominations for the Kauffman-Hallahan-Pullen Distinguished Researcher Award. This award recognizes individuals or research teams whose research has resulted in more effective services or education for exceptional individuals. Recipients of this award are recognized for both the creation of a research base and the work to translate this research into practice. Thus, the recognized work may include, but is not limited to, research articles, paper series, monographs, professional development activities, book chapters, and/or books. The award is presented at the DR Reception at the CEC Annual Convention. Nominations are sought across all areas of Special Education as well as all forms of research methodology.
CEC Member with a distinguished scholarly record; Nominations are sought across all areas of Special Education as well as all forms of research methodology.
To submit a nomination/self-nomination for this award, email a copy of the following by the due date, to chair of this award:
- A letter of nomination, NO LONGER THAN 3 pages, addressing each of the following:
- the research base(s) to which the individual or team has made substantial contributions,
- the efforts undertaken by the individual or team to translate this research to practice, and
- the impact of the research on policy, practice, or both.
- A complete and current vitae for the nominee or each team member
- Names, email addresses, and phone numbers of up to five references familiar with the nominee's work.
|Sam L. Odom
|UNC Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute
Other previous recipients include Hill Walker, Lynn and Doug Fuchs, Mary Brownell, Karen Harris and Steve Graham, Rob Horner, Kathleen Lane, Naomi Zigmond, Ann Turnbull, Nancy Jordan, and Patricia Snyder.